History of GST
Gujarati Samaj of Tri-Staate, Inc. (GST) was organized in the year 1998 with 12 Board of directors (BOD) and their spouses. Each BOD voluntarily contributed to initiate and provide organized community events. BODs and spouses are committed equally to make each event a success.
GST’s progress has been upward and outward that includes all the peripheral community, from tri-states, and participants are the driving force in our success. The activities of GST include :
- Educational Seminars by professionals.
- Picnics which are very popular amongst all.
- Anand Mela, which brings all the enthusiastic artists and many local vendors, get an opportunity to share, sell, and their items such as jewelry, clothing, and crafts.
- Diwali celebration, which includes an entertainment program and dinner with outstanding cuisine.
- Additionally, GST has provided an encouraging platform to upcoming young as well as adult singers, dancers and performers to exhibit their talents by hosting karaoke and talent shows and Anand Mela. All dancers look forward to the opportunity to perform.
- GST is actively involved in providing sandwiches and fruits to the homeless and needy people in the local community.
- Some of the past activities include performances of different artists from India, Garba and Raas during Sharad Purnima and stage program by Comedians from India.
- GST publishes a magazine called Aabhushan and distributes it at the annual Diwali program. Aabhushan has a variety of items including recipes, professional articles, travel suggestions, children’s contributions in terms of poems and personal experiences. GST through Abhushan, email blast and other avenues offers opportunity to local business to reach the targeted audience.
We, at GST, are always inspired by the full participation by the community, which includes artists and performers, vendors, audience and readers, seniors, advertisers, speakers at the seminars and all other well-wishers. We look forward to extending our commitment to serve the community for many years to come!